Thursday, June 17, 2010

Team Teach Feedback: Violence

Please provide feedback for the Violence Team Teach in the comments section of this post.

When we conducted our SOA we agreed to incorporate feedback to assist as part of the evaluation process.

Below is a list of possible questions, however if you feel something is missing please feel free to add on. This is a continuous process and we would greatly appreciate if you can answer at least ONE of the following questions on the class blog for every group that presents following their presentations.

Potential Questions:
What part resonated most with you from the presentation?
What did you find most interesting?
Were any particular portions applicable to your own life?
Questions, Comments or Concerns?
Other constructive criticisms?

5 comments:

Quixie said...

I thought this was an excellent team teach. I felt that the topics were broad and the conversations deep. I am very passionate about issues of violence in education, what they are, how they are perceived, and what is being done to make the educational structure less violent. I felt there was a good use of various methods of teaching - visual, discussion, auditory, and interactive. Great job :)

Erica said...

To me, what this team did best is create a safe environment for discussing very scary and real issues that affect us all. I was impressed to see such deep and honest sharing taking place in our classroom. The simulation activity also took us to a new level by forcing us to think from different and unlikely positions.

As I said in class, I really enjoyed seeing how this team worked together, and the new voices and leadership styles emerge. The ending poem was also very moving.

Afshan said...

I really enjoyed the ice breaker activity Micah facilitated in which we all shared our fears, that was powerful to me. I also liked the rope activity Leah facilitated because it helped me connect better with the class. Great job, all!

Leon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leon said...

I really like how the group compiled its own slide show regarding violence and also showed what happened in Virgina Tech. Although it has been several years after now, it still makes a huge impact in people's life.
The role playing at the end is very interesting also. It is just hard to put blame when something devastating like this happens. It just seems like a lot of people are responsible.